Clinical Trial Recovery - Rescue Site
A large pharma Sponsor approached QPS to complete recruitment and enrollment of a very small and challenging trial evaluating hepatic function. This case study outlines the challenges we faced and the solutions we put in place to deliver the study successfully.
The Sponsor contacted QPS to rescue a study from a 2nd site that was not performing. QPS was 1 of 2 original sites, contracted to enroll 5 patients each into a challenging trial evaluating hepatic function. This patient population was extremely difficult to find, recruit and enroll, and the 2nd trial site was not able to complete the job.
SOLUTION – 3 Factors for Success
- The Recruitment Team, the Marketing Team and the Call Center Team worked closely together and brainstormed, calling on over 50 years of collective experience to target this specific niche population.
Efficient Recruitment Process:
- The Recruitment Team and the Call Center Team organized extra shifts to extend their hours to reach a large cohort of potential candidates by phone.
- The teams also worked together to triage incoming calls to ensure that every call was connected directly to a live agent, who was ready to screen the caller for participation.
Phase I Study Expertise:
- QPS runs hundreds of Phase I studies in the South Miami area each year.
- We know this population and they know us. Our extra calls to action were well received, the local population responded and we quickly filled the study.
QPS exceeded the Sponsor’s expectations, delivering the extra patients needed to complete this complex, early phase clinical trial by leveraging our depth of experience in this area and our extensive knowledge of the local population.