The QPS preclinical Neuropharmacology group covers various validated transgenic and non-transgenic in vivo and in vitro models for neurodegeneration such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, for rare diseases including Huntington’s Disease and ALS, for lipid storage disease and dyslipidemia, and for diseases like psychosis, anxiety, schizophrenia, or autism.
While many of our models are solely available at QPS Neuropharmacology, all of them are well-characterized in house and published in peer reviewed high impact journals. Besides in vivo research we also offer biochemical and histological analyses. To support our clients in the best possible way, we use or adapt existing models, or establish new models specific to your research focus.
The animal facility of QPS Neuropharmacology is AAALAC accredited. This quality seal combined with over 20 years of experience and a vast amount of historic data are a clear asset for our clients, who range from international biotech and pharma companies to academia and other non- profit organizations. We assist with designing a developmental plan for your small molecules or biologics and together with our DMPK and Toxicology colleagues we help you develop custom-built research solutions.
The QPS Neuropharmacology unit consists of the following research facilities
- Housing, breeding, and aging of mice and rats
- Biosafety level 1 and 2 housing (BSL1 and 2)
- AAALAC accredited
In vivo research laboratory
- Animal treatment and surgery (BSL1 and 2)
- Behavioral testing
- Tissue sampling
Cell Culture laboratory
- BSF1 and 2 laboratories
- Automated cell and tissue culture image processing hard- and software
- Cutting edge evaluation equipment
- Protein biochemistry laboratory outfitted for cutting edge techniques including aggregation studies
- State-of-the-art equipment for biochemical determinations (fluorometry, densitometry) including biomarker evaluations (MSD imager and others)
- Fully equipped histology laboratory for all fixation, tissue processing, sectioning, and staining
- Modern image capture equipment
- State-of-the-art image processing hard- and software