The QPS preclinical Neuropharmacology group covers various validated transgenic and non-transgenic in vivo and in vitro models for neurodegeneration such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, for orphan diseases including Huntington’s Disease and ALS, for lipid storage disease and dyslipidemia, and for diseases like psychosis, anxiety, schizophrenia, or autism.
While many of our models are solely available at QPS Neuropharmacology, all of them are well characterized in house and published in peer reviewed high impact journals. Besides in vivo research we also offer biochemical and histological analyses. To support our clients in the best possible way, we use or adapt existing models, or establish new models specific to your research focus.
QPS Austria Neuropharmacology is AAALAC accredited. This quality seal combined with over 15 years’ experience and a vast amount of historic data are a clear asset for our clients, who range from international biotech and pharma companies to academia and other non-profit organizations. We assist with designing a developmental plan for your small molecules or biologics and together with our DMPK and Toxicology colleagues we help you develop custom-built research solutions.
The QPS Neuropharmacology Unit has 3 Types of Laboratories
Cell Culture Laboratories
- Biosafety level 1 and 2 laboratories.
- Automated cell and tissue culture image processing hard and software.
- Cutting edge evaluation equipment.
- Fully equipped histology laboratories for all fixation, tissue processing, sectioning and staining
- Modern image capture equipment.
- State of the art image processing hard- and software.
- Protein-biochemistry laboratories outfitted for cutting edge techniques including aggregation studies.
- State of the art equipment for biochemical determinations (fluorometry, densitometry) including biomarker evaluations (MSD imager and others).