CEO Award an indicator of company-wide hard work and inspiration
QPS Holdings, LLC, a leading full-service GLP/GCP-compliant contract research organization providing testing services to support preclinical and clinical research and development, has been selected to receive a 2015 Finance Monthly magazine CEO Award. To view this year’s winners, click here.
Every year, Finance Monthly celebrates successful, innovative and forward-thinking CEOs. After extensive research, the magazine publishes a list of senior individuals who have, in the previous year, helped drive their companies forward, fostering team spirit and employee motivation and thus engendering success. This year, Ben Chien, PhD, Chairman, President and CEO of QPS, was honored.
“Any company’s success relies on numerous factors and the hard work of many helping hands,” says Dr. Chien. “Of course I’m delighted we received this award – and I say we because I attribute the company’s steep trajectory to enormous effort, dedication and resourcefulness company-wide – from the bottom up.”
Dr. Chien founded Quest Pharmaceutical Services (QPS) in 1995 as a single-site CRO focused on bioanalysis. Today, the company employs over 1150 people in the United States, Europe, India and Asia. In the highly competitive CRO market, QPS has achieved great success in functional and cross-global sales, with a large number of Preferred Provider Relationships.
Such high levels of client satisfaction attest to uncompromising scientific standards and timely delivery of excellent work. Beyond this, however, Dr. Chien believes QPS’ differentiating feature is excellent customer service. “Our employees are smart, friendly and accommodating,” he says. “Their commitment to really listen and respond to clients’ needs is what sets QPS apart from the competition.”
This corporate feature is no accident. At all levels of the organization, QPS consciously hires and retains employees who are innately customer-service oriented. The company’s “open access” customer service model dictates that projects are managed according to individual client requirements. Clients are given access to key scientific staff members, and proactive communication ensures quick and effective problem-solving, keeping timelines intact. This degree of service takes effort and dedication only made possible by the QPS culture that supports it.
Beyond scientific rigor, the QPS management also takes customer-service orientation into account when considering new expansions and acquisitions. This strategy has led to a high degree of success delivering exceptional service in discovery, preclinical and clinical drug development.
Having started with three employees in 1995, QPS Holdings now includes:
- QPS Delaware, focusing on Bioanalysis, Translational Medicine, DMPK and Clinical Development services
- QPS Missourifocusing on Clinical Development services
- QPS Florida focusing on Clinical Development services
- QPS North Carolina/Hepatic Biosciences focusing onin vitroDMPK services
- QPS North Dakota focusing on Dermal and Transdermal Research services
- QPS Taiwan focusing onBioanalysis, Translational Medicine, DMPK, Toxicology and Clinical Development services
- QPS Netherlands focusing on Bioanalysis, Translational Medicine and Clinical Development services
- QPS India focusing on Bioanalysis and Clinical Development services
- QPS Austria focusing on Neuropharmacology and Clinical Development services